We at Road Ranger, L.L.C. understand the importance of your privacy. We recommend you read the following information provided to summarize our practices for gathering and using information obtained through this web site. Our privacy statement exemplifies our commitment to your privacy and to the confidentiality and security of the information obtained from you on our site.
Security: As portions of this site collect personal and financial information, rest assured that this data is secure. This data is being gathered to facilitate completion of many of the functions offered on our site.
Surveys: Occasionally, we may distribute surveys asking questions of interest regarding our site, our company, and/or our products/services. Again, these instruments may request general demographic information about you, your interests, and your online shopping habits. Our affiliates and/or agents may use this information to better tailor our site, current and future product/service offerings, and promotional opportunities. For further follow-up with you, contact information you have provided may be used to contact you.
Links: As this web site contains references and links to other sites, Road Ranger, L.L.C. is not responsible for the legal or privacy practices of these sites, nor are we responsible for the content on these sites.
If you have questions regarding this privacy statement, our web site, or encounter any problems with this web site, please email us.
Last Updated: August 1, 2021
This Privacy Notice does not apply to information collected or used by any third party or affiliate, including those that may link to or can be accessible via the Website. Please review their policies. Road Ranger is not responsible for the content or the privacy policies or practices of third-parties, their Websites or their apps.
Before accessing, using, or interacting with the Website you should carefully review this Privacy Notice and our Terms [of Service] [and Conditions], which are incorporated by reference and also govern use of the Website. We may change our Privacy Notice and Terms of Service from time to time and encourage you to review them whenever you interact with us.
User Consent: By choosing to interact with Road Ranger, including through our Website, platforms, applications, rewards program, products, services and events, and by communicating with us via email, telephone or in person, you consent to the collection and use of information as described in this Privacy Notice and you represent that you are at least 18 years old. If you are under the age of 18 or you do not consent to the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal information as set forth in this Privacy Notice, please exit and do not use our Website or other applications or services.
- What Personal Information Does Road Ranger Collect?
- How Does Road Ranger Use Information About Me?
- Does Road Ranger Share the Information It Receives About Me?
- How Does Road Ranger Secure Information About Me?
- What Choices Do I Have?
- Changes to Our Privacy Notice
- Contact for More Information
What Personal Information Does Road Ranger Collect?
Road Ranger collects your information, as described herein, with the assistance of the third-party, service providers. Specifically, Rovertown has developed and hosts our “app,” which development and support may require the collection of certain data, such as GPS coordinates, bluetooth information, user first name, user last name, user gender, user birthdate and user interaction with an application or advertisement. You can read more about Rovertown’s privacy and security on the company’s website at: https://www.rovertown.com/privacy-policy.
Road Ranger also utilizes the third-party service provider, Paytronix. We have engaged Paytronix to integrate our loyalty system and maintain our Rewards Program, services which include the maintenance of the user accounts our clients establish. Paytronix may collect and store the information furnished by our customers and users in order to support the usage of the personal information for our legitimate business purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice and to securely store the information you share. You can read more about Paytronix’s privacy and security on the company’s website at: https://www.paytronix.com/privacy-policy.aspx.
Here is what we may collect from you:
- When you create an account (a “Road Ranger Account”) to participate in our Rewards Program, we may collect your name, email, address, birthdate, phone numbers, country of residence, zip code, age, gender identity, unique program identifier or username and password and products or services purchased
- When you visit our Website, our third-party service provider may collect your IP address, browsing history, search history and interaction with our Website, application or advertisements
- When you e-mail us, sign up for notifications, subscribe to our newsletters or mailing lists, we may collect your name, email, phone number and address
- When you make a purchase through our “app,” we may collect and store information on the items purchased, your payment method and information, including back account number, credit card number or debit card number, billing and shipping information, name, telephone number and email
- If you are a truck driver that is a part of our Rewards Program or has set up a Road Ranger Account, we may collect identifying information that includes the classification of truck driver you hold and your current employer
Our third-party service providers may also receive and store certain types of information automatically when you interact with us online or with the Website. For example, they may collect:
- Cookies (small bits of information that are stored on your hard drive or in connection with your Internet browser), web beacons (small images embedded into websites or emails that send information about your computer, tablet, phone, or other device), links, and other tracking technologies to gather Information regarding your use and interaction with the Website, our email correspondence, third party services and certain other online activities (including sites you visit, your browser type, operating system, and interactions with our content and emails)
- Unique Identifiers (such as a universally unique identifier or “UUID”), which we may store (including remotely) on your device persistently and may access, collect, or monitor in order to help you log in and navigate through the Website or our “app”
- Data and Mobile Analytics to collect information about your website usage, performance data, app errors, and debugging information from where the Website was downloaded
- Log File Information to learn your IP address, browser type, access times, domain names, operating system, the referring web page(s), pages visited, location, mobile carrier, device information (including IDs), search terms, and cookie information
Road Ranger also learns about you through information you make publicly available, such as on a social network or social media platforms. Please note, any content or information you share with or provide to third parties regarding Road Ranger, your communications with Road Ranger, or using or related to the Website may not be private or confidential and is not the responsibility of Road Ranger.
How Does Road Ranger Use Information About Me?
Road Ranger may use and process information about you for one or more of our legitimate business purposes. For example, Road Ranger and/or our third-party service providers may use your information to:
- Fulfill or meet the reason your information was collected or provided
- Deliver communications, information or services, and promotions
- Allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website or App and on your personal account with Road Ranger
- Provide support to you and other users
- Present, optimize, and maintain the security of our Website and its contents
- Register, maintain, and provide notifications to you about your Website Account
- Detect and prevent fraud or other crimes
- Respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law or court order
- Personalize your Website and App experience and to deliver content, product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers through our Website, App, third-party sites and via email (with your consent, where required by law)
Does Road Ranger Share the Information It Receives About Me?
Road Ranger does not and will not sell your personal information. We may share information about you, including personal information, with third-party service providers with whom we have entered into contracts that require personal information be kept confidential and prohibit the retention, use, or disclosure of personal information for any purpose other than the services specified. Road Ranger does not share or disclose information for commercial purposes without your consent, except as described below:
- Third-Party Service Providers: As otherwise noted herein, we employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf, including analyzing data, providing marketing assessments, providing analytics information, processing payments and providing data hosting (such as Paytronix and as specified herein). They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but not for other purposes.
- Lawful Requests and Safety: We release personal information when we believe it is appropriate to comply with the law, it is necessary to protect our interests, to prevent fraud or other illegal activity, and to protect the safety of any person. Nothing in this Privacy Notice is intended to limit any legal defenses or objections that you may have to a third party’s, including a government’s, request to disclose your information.
How Does Road Ranger Secure Information About Me?
We realize that you trust us to protect your personal information. We take that trust seriously and maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that are consistent with industry standards, to help protect the privacy, accuracy, and reliability of personal information and to protect it from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, acquisition, exfiltration, alteration and destruction.
We also take commercially reasonable steps to ensure that our third-party service providers reasonably protect your information. If Road Ranger becomes aware that a third-party service provider is using or disclosing information improperly, we will take necessary and immediate steps to end or correct such improper use or disclosure.
While we attempt to protect the information in our possession, and account for the protection of information provided to our third-party service providers through us, no security system is perfect and we cannot promise that information about you will remain secure in all circumstances. Please do your part to help us keep your information secure. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and App and Road Ranger Account(s), and for all activities that occur under your password or App and Road Ranger Account(s). Road Ranger specifically reserves the right to terminate your access to the App and Road Ranger Account(s) and any contract you have with Road Ranger related to the Website in the event it learns or suspects you have disclosed your Account or password information to an unauthorized third party.
What Choices Do I Have?
We welcome you to write us at email@example.com regarding how we communicate with you and the information collected about you, including the use of the data, the nature and accuracy of the data, to request an update, modification, or deletion or to opt-out of certain uses or disclosures of data. Under certain circumstances, you may also request to withdraw consent previously provided. We will endeavor to accommodate your request to the extent feasible and where required by law.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
Road Ranger may modify this Privacy Notice from time to time. The most current version of this Privacy Notice will govern our use of your information and will be located at https://www.RoadRangerUSA.com/privacy. We will notify you of material changes to this policy by posting a notice on the Website or by emailing you at an email address associated with your Road Ranger Account, if applicable, and provide an “at a glance” overview of any changes.
Contact for More Information
Road Ranger LLC is located at 1501 Woodfield Road, Schaumburg, IL 60173. Should you have any comments or questions about how we collect and use your personal information, communication can be directed to Road Ranger’s postal address, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone to 815-387-1700.